


I saw the movie during its initial theatrical run and while it was daring in its day, it plays as a wildly uneven effort now. Most of the better bits are available via you-tube and a viewer is better served watching the individual sketches as opposed to sitting through the entire film. While I enjoyed the nostalgia of seeing NYC in the seventies and getting the feel of the period, I can’t see the flick eliciting more than a slightly disinterested yawn from younger audiences. Sure there is the chance to see Chevy Chase and Richard Belzer before they were well-known but it’s not enough of a draw to make watching the whole film a rewarding experience. Good only for those seeking out the nostalgia of the Groove Tube, all others would be better served checking out Kentucky Fried Movie.
I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments:
Post a Comment